VPAP is Hiring
The Virginia Public Access Project
“Your window into Virginia politics”
Richmond-based nonprofit is looking for political junkie with an analytical mind to oversee online content that connects Virginians with nonpartisan information about politics.
The Content Coordinator is a full-time salaried employee who reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all content across multiple platforms.
We're looking for someone with at least three years of full-time experience in journalism, politics, online publishing or related field. Must have demonstrated analytical skills and be lightning fast on the keyboard. We're looking for someone who can check their political views at the door and adhere to a fiercely nonpartisan approach. Must work well as part of a small, collaborative team. Being an early riser helps – the job includes providing final edits to VaNews, a morning headline compilation service read by more than 6,000 opinion leaders. TSQL and ARCGIS skills a plus.
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary contact with the State Board of Elections and other agencies that provide data to VPAP
- Monitor media, blogs and social media for Virginia political news
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage candidates, lobbyists and others to e-file required disclosure.
Data Importation and Integrity
- Ensure that VaNews is complete and adheres to content guidelines
- Lead a three-person team that integrates documents into the VPAP database.
- Help develop strategies that ensure data integrity
- Help identify opportunities for efficiencies/automation of current processes
Communication and Storytelling
- Provide the organization’s social media voice
- Look across data sets for trends and correlations
- Take the creative lead on the development of data visualizations
- Craft email alerts when new information is posted
- Coordinate with the Office Manager, who is the primary contact for obtaining paper campaign finance reports from city/county voter registrars
- Oversee two contract employees who compile articles for VaNews
- Identify and manage college and summer interns.
Competitive nonprofit salary. Benefits include health insurance, defined-contribution retirement plan with company match, three weeks’ vacation and parking spot near office in downtown Richmond.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: March 6
Feb. 24, 2015