New General Assembly Candidates Updates
Unofficial candidate list - Updated 4/2/2015 - 5:13 p.m.
- Craig Hudgins will face Del. Bill Desteph for the GOP nomination to replace retiring Senator Jeff McWaters (R).
- Bill Haley has filed to challenge incumbent Sen. John Cosgrove for the Republican nomination.
- Mark Cannady did not qualify for the primary ballot. This leaves Del. Scott Surovell as the Democratic nominee in the district now represented by retiring Sen. Toddy Puller (D).
- Joe Murray, a Republican, is challenging Democratic incumbent Sen. George Barker (D).
- Sara Townsend, an Independent, is challenging incumbent Del. Scott Lingamfelter (R).
- Justin Brown will face Paul Krizek in a Democratic primary. The seat is currently held by Del. Scott Surovell, who is running for the state Senate.
- "Mouse" Jones has filed to be the fifth Democrat running in a June 9 primary in a district now represented by Del. Joe Preston, who is running for the state Senate.
- Preston Brown has filed paperwork to set up a Democratic primary against incumbent Del. Betsy Carr.
- Steve Imholt, an Independent, has filed to challenge incumbent Del. Jennifer McClellan (D).
- Stephen Adkins is facing three other candidates in a Democratic primary to replace Joe Morrissey, who recently gave up his office to run for the state Senate.
- Danny Vargas, a Republican, is running for a seat now held by retiring Del. Tom Rust.
VPAP will continue to post new candidates as they annouce and file Statements of Organization with the State Department of Elections. Candidates who begin raising money now will file their first campaign finance report in mid-April.
April 2, 2015