2015 General Assembly Candidates Emerge
New candidates continue to emerge for General Assembly elections next year. VPAP has added seven new candidates for the 2015 cycle.
- Dan Moxley has entered into a three-way GOP primary against incumbent Senator Emmett Hanger and Marshall Pattie. 24th District
- Kevin Sullivan is challenging incumbent Del. Joe Morrissey for the Democratic nomination. 74th District
- Amanda Chase is challenging incumbent Sen. Steve Martin for the GOP nomination. 11th District
General Election Challengers
- Democrat Don Shaw is challenging incumbent Republican Bob Marshall. 13th District
- Ian Lovejoy is the first Republican to declare for the seat currently held by retiring Democratic Sen. Chuck Colgan. 29th District
- Atif Qarni is the first Democrat to declare for Colgan's seat. 29th District
- Republican Frances Fisher is running in House District 34, currently held by Del. Barbara Comstock, who is running for Congress. Should Comstock win this November, a special election will be called to fill her seat.
VPAP will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Aug. 8, 2014