March 1 TV buys in Virginia
One week before Virginia’s presidential primaries, two of the seven remaining major party candidates or their supporting Super PACs have purchased airtime in the state’s largest TV markets.
The campaign for Democrat, Hillary Clinton has purchased $338,325 in air time, while a Super PAC supporting Republican Marco Rubio has invested $140,435, according a noon check of online filings with the Federal Communications Commission.
The total amounts spent in each market are as follows:
- $148,905 - Clinton for President - Hillary
- $87,825 - Conservative Solutions PAC (Rubio Super PAC)
- $129,395 - Clinton for President - Hillary
- $52,610 - Conservative Solutions PAC (Rubio Super PAC)
- $60,025 - Roanoke - Clinton for President – Hillary
At this time, no candidates have purchased TV ads in the Washington market.
A Super PAC supporting Republican Jeb Bush had reserved airtime this week, but canceled the buys shortly before he dropped out the race last weekend.
Feb. 23, 2016