Coming Today: Mid-Year Campaign Finance Reports
Midnight tonight is a campaign finance filing deadline for all candidates and non-candidate PACs that are registered with the Virginia Department of Elections.
By 6 p.m. this evening, VPAP will post the disclosures e-filed with the Virginia Department of Elections by close of business today. The files will allow you to:
- View top level numbers for amount raised, spent, and cash on hand
- Browse a list of donors and expenditures
- Rank House and Senate candidates by most raised and cash on hand
Candidates have until midnight to file, so a full list of reports will not be available until tomorrow morning. VPAP will update its site overnight.
The deadline applies to:
- General Assembly candidates
- Non-candidate PACs
- Local offices on the ballot this November
Meanwhile, VPAP staff will work overtime this week to add value to the thousands of transactions listed in the reports. This includes assigning a unique ID to each donor, tagging donors by occupation, and assigning a purpose code to each expenditure.
July 15, 2019