Update: More Big Money
The following transactions were reported to the State Board of Elections this afternoon.
Last-Minute Donations to Statewide Candidates
VPAP has posted the latest pre-election finance disclosures for candidates running in the November 5 election. Starting on October 25, statewide candidates are required to report any donation of $5,000 or more within 24 hours of receipt. The threshold for reporting is $5,000 for statewide candidates, $1,000 for House candidates, and $500 for local candidates.
Ken Cuccinelli for Governor
- $50,000 from Karen A. Wright
- $25,000 from Super PAC for America
- $10,000 from Dominion
- $10,000 from Gun Owners of America
- $10,000 from Food City
- $5,000 from John H. Clements Co.
- $5,000 from Roger Hertog
- $5,000 from Dian G. Stai
- $5,000 from Gary L. Taylor
- $5,000 from Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association
- $5,000 from Virginia Oil & Gas Association
Terry McAuliffe for Governor
- $70,208 from Democratic National Committee (in-kind: staff time)
- $25,000 from Bernard L. Schwartz
- $10,000 from David Baldacci
- $5,000 from Hudson News
E.W. Jackson for Lt. Governor
- $25,000 from Peter L. Via
- $660,000 from Republican State Leadership Committee
- $81,646 from Republican Party of Virginia (in-kind: printing and mailing)
- $25,000 from Richard Baxter Gilliam
- $10,000 from Alpha Natural Resources
Donations to PACs
Conservatives for Cuccinelli
- $16,455 from Conservative Majority Fund
- $50,000 from Republican State Leadership Committee
- $150,000 from Michael R. Bloomberg
- $300,000 from McAuliffe for Governor - Terry
- $168,800 from House Democratic Caucus
- $21,200 from House Democratic Caucus
- $17,925 from Friends of Mike Watson
VPAP has also posted the latest independent expenditure reports filed by groups seeking to influence Virginia elections.
Americans for Responsible Solutions
- $38,600 for direct mail processing and postage opposing Ken Cuccinelli.
- $38,600 for direct mail processing and postage supporting Mark Herring and opposing Mark Obenshain.
- $216 for email services supporting Ken Cuccinelli and opposing Terry McAuliffe.
Focus on the Family
- $47,551 for printing, postage, and shipping of postcards opposing Terry McAuliffe.
- $165 for printing sample ballots supporting Terry McAuliffe, Ralph Northam, Mark Herring, Katie Webb Cyphert, and Mike Doucette.
- $6,696 for conference call service, production expense, and list rental opposing Ken Cuccinelli.
- $18 for list rental opposing Ken Cuccinelli.
- $10,757 for salary and benefits supporting Ken Cuccinelli, E.W. Jackson, Mark Obenshain, Rich Anderson, David Ramadan, and Mike Watson; and opposing Terry McAuliffe, Ralph Northam, Mark Herring, and Reed Heddleston.
- $1,806 for printing 4-color door knob hangers supporting Ken Cuccinelli, E.W. Jackson, and Mark Obenshain, and opposing Terry McAuliffe.